Sunday, June 28, 2015

Transferring too...

So this past week was full of things.  We got our ipads on Tuesday and
we are now using them to try and find people and teach with. They are
helpful and we are working on figuring out how to use them.  It is a
little harder cuz most of the stuff is in English and we need German.
Some things aren't translated.  So that makes it a little harder. But
so far they are really useful in our morning study. I am so grateful.
I can mark stuff on there and I know that it will stay forever.  It is
awesome.  And we don't have to carry as much around anymore because we
have it all on the Ipad.  I still carry a lot of pamphlets though
because I want to be prepared if a member asks me for something.  And
then the German Book of Mormon.  And that is also big, so in essence
my bad is now heavier...  But I like having the Ipad.  I just have to
watch to make sure I am not wasting time.  That happened so much at
home and I don't want to make the same mistake anymore.  I am on the
Lord's time and I want to make sure I am using it well.
Then last Saturday was transfer calls.  DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!  I am
getting transferred to Vienna.  So I am only going about 2 hours away.
It is the same place where we do exchanges.  So that will be
interesting.  I am still in the same stake and zone as before.  I will
be with a sister that I have done exchanges with before so I already
know her.  I am excited.  (I am also a little disjointed.  I wanted
a bigger change and something completely new.  But it will be.)  Vienna
is really big and busy so I hope that I can handle it.  Its defiantly
going to be a change.  So many people and everything.  But I have
heard good things about it.  I will let you know.  Now I will have to
figure out where I am so that I don't get lost like last time. :) So
this Thursday I will head there and stay there.  And I will get to
exchange with Sister Gardner again.  So it isn't really good bye. :)
It will start out feeling like I am on an exchange, but not...  Weird.
That is the biggest news from this last week. Wait!  We set a
baptismal date with one of our investigators!!!  We are really
excited.  It is for August and we are excited to help him reach this
goal.  He is from Nigeria and lives in Graz. We are really excited for
him.
And we are still looking for new people to teach.  Things are looking
up, but we have to work hard every day. We don't have too many people
here who want to listen.  Unfortunately.  But we are working hard.  I
know that there are people here that God has prepared for us.
Otherwise we wouldn't be here.
God loves us more than we can imagine.  I was thinking this last week
about what I have been learning from the mission. There are so many
things that I can't even count.  And there are so many blessings that
I don't even know how I could repay God.  So I am working my hardest
to show him my gratitude.
I also had the opportunity this last
Sunday to give a talk in the ward since I was leaving.  It was
something that was really a great experience for me.  As I was
thinking about my testimony and what I would share, I just kept
thinking about family.  We are all a great big family, and I know that
I want to be with my family forever.  But everyone is my family.  So
why wouldn't I share the gospel with all of them so we can be together
forever.  Even though it is hard, I want all my brothers and sisters
with me in the end.  It has changed how I view other people and how I
treat them.  I want them to know that I love them and want them to
return to God because it is the greatest gift.  I was also thinking
about the Atonement and how much it means to me.  It always comes to
mind when I have to speak or share my testimony.  It is such a big
part of who we are.  Because of it we can return again.  It made a
huge difference to think about it this week.  I was so grateful for
the opportunity. I also was grateful that I didn't have to think about
the German as much. God prepares those he calls.  I love him for it.
This has been a great week and next week will be busy as well.  I love
you all and hope you have a wonderful week.  Take time to see what God
has done for you. Love you!!!
Sister Poll

No comments:

Post a Comment