Monday, May 25, 2015

I Appreciate the Hard Times!!!

Can't believe it is memorial day at home!!!  Can't believe you are all going fishing without me!!  Have fun and catch a really big fish for me.  :)  Crazy that Blake is in Wales now and in a dritt.  I really hope that never happens to me.  But I shouldn't say that cuz then it will.  I really hope I avoid it though.  We have a dritt of elders in our distrikt.  This is going to be an interesting transfer especially cuz it is only 5 weeks as well.  Crazy.  The time really goes by so fast.  I can't believe it.  Next time this year I will be home, or at vet school somewhere.  But I will not be in Austria which is weird to think about.  I really love it here.  I really do believe I will be transferred next transfer.  It is a bit odd for sisters to stay in one place for this long and this is my fourth transfer here.  I really think I will be going somewhere, but I still have 4 weeks left so I shouldn't think about it.  But I am excited to go somewhere new. But I LOVE Graz.  It is really amazing and the people here are awesome.  We are teaching a few new people now, both from Africa. :)  But that doesn't matter.  Whoever is ready to hear the gospel we will teach.  :)  It just reminds me of my first area where I thought I was in Africa with all we are teaching.  I don't know if I ever told you this, but 2 people from my first area that we found got baptized and one more has a baptismal date.  I was so excited when Sister E told me that.  Even if you aren't there for all the moments, you know you did something to help someone.  And Sister E went home this last week.  Strange to think that she is not a missionary anymore.  I am not sure if or when she is coming to America exactly or the details of what she is doing.  I will keep in contact with her through email.  :)  But it just makes me feel really old on the mission to think that my trainer is home.  And it seems like just yesterday that we were together and she was telling me how fast the time goes and I thought she was crazy.  But now I totally understand what she means.
Like I said things are going really well here.  We have found a couple more people to teach and are always looking for more.  But we are really excited about who we have.  We met with our investigator this week and had a joint teacher there who speaks Romanian so that really helped. It was really great to have the language barrier go away for a day.  It just makes things a little bit harder, and then longer since we have to wait for translation.  But in the long run it really is fantastic.  Then we can know that she is understanding because it is in her own language and we can understand exactly what she is saying since he was there to help.  It was really a great experience.  Got to love the all the languages we get to work with here.
It has been raining a ton here as well.  I love the rain, but when you have to be out in it all day it gets a little old.  Especially when you are looking for people to talk to....  So that has been a little struggle, but nothing we can't handle.  :) The fields look so pretty.  I really love looking at the photos and I am so glad that we still have the field across the way.  
Looks like all the animals are doing well.  I hope the pigs do well in the show.  Sorry about the scours in the bulls.  Dad, I am really worried cuz I can't remember anything from school at the moment.  All of my school stuff has kind of flown out the window and German and the gospel have taken over my brain.  I really hope when I get back I can remember what I went to school for 4 years for...  But sorry I don't have any suggestions...  
Something really cool that happened this week was that we met with this man on the bus.  He was staring at us and at my Book Of Mormon that I had in my hand and then started trying to ask us about it.  We were really excited but he speaks like no German and absolutely no English.  It turns out he is the dad of one of our Investigators that has kind of disappeared.  He invited us over to his house with our investigator there and we got back in contact with her.  Found out she no longer comes because she can't understand a lot of things and doesn't really have the time right now.  But it really helped us to come back in contact with her and we were really excited to meet her parents.  But that is another example of a language barrier.  We were kind of signing things back and forth cuz we speak no Arabic and he speaks basically no German.  It was really funny.  I enjoyed it.  But I think it scared my comp a little that this man was leading us to his house, and the fact that I was so excited about it.  But it wasn't anything sketchy ok.  :)  I knew exactly what was happening.  :)  Except what he was saying to me.  :)  But it was really  cool thing that we just happened to meet him on the bus and he recognized us because of the Book Of Mormon and talked to us.  MIRACLE!!!!
We also had a really great lesson yesterday with another who is from Nigeria and has been here in Graz for sometime now.  He really wants to learn more and we are really excited to be teaching him.  Can't wait to meet with him again next week.  Things are going awesome here.  Our hard work of the past few weeks has been paying off. 
I heard a quote from someone that said "The worth of your worst days=Priceless"  You really learn the most when you hit the hardest points in life.  I really look back and can't remember the hard times cuz they get overshadowed by the good ones, but I remember how much I learned from the hard time I have been in.  It is really true how great the worst days are.  That sounds really funny to say.  But even I look back in life and realize that it is on the days when I am having the hardest times that I have learned the most.  And I think that shows us how much Humility really is a blessing.  When we humble ourselves before God and ask for His help, we realize that we can't do it on our own and we learn so much from the hard moments.  I am so glad that he doesn't take those hard moments away from us, but instead helps them be a little bit lighter.  Without the hard moments that I have had through the mission, I wouldn't be the missionary I am today.  And more importantly I wouldn't be the person I am.  I know that I have learned so much in my life.  A lot of it coming from the mission field.  But I know that most of the learning I have had has come through the hard moments and realizing that I need to rely on God to help me through.  And then I receive the blessings at the end and I can look back and realize that God had His hand in my life and I can see the blessing that came from it.  We can do hard things.  And when we let the hard things teach us, we can continue to harder things in the future.  God loves us enough to let us learn.  As hard as it may be in the moment, I am so grateful for the "worst days" because they are really truly priceless in my eyes.  Remember that when you are wondering "Why me".  You will be grateful and become better through it all.  It reminds me of the talk by Elder Christofferson about the Current Bush.  It has become one of my favorite talks in my life.  Constantly trying to remember that God has a perfect plan for me.  Why would I follow my plan when I could follow the perfect one of God.  He loves us all personally.  
Sorry its not too much this week.  We are going hiking and only taking an hour for emails.  I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!!!  Talk to you next week!!  Love you!!!
Sister Poll

No comments:

Post a Comment