Tuesday, February 10, 2015

February 9


Hey!!!!  How are things there?  By the look of the email, pretty boring.  :)  Just kidding. 
I am super sad that I missed the Burn Party. Was the fire so big that Jesus could see it?  Cuz it wan't big enough for me to see it from here.  :)  Just kidding
That is crazy that the prices for beef have gone way up.  I really hope you can get her breed back when she is big enough so that you don't have to keep buying them.  It is expensive I am sure. And I really hope you can since I really would like some real meat again one day.  Here is just not the same.  Some of it is really great, but most of the meat just tastes like nothing.  All the ground beef is just... I can't even describe it.  So I am excited to eat real meat again.
Glad that it is so warm there.  Cuz here it is super cold.  And really windy.  All the people keep telling me that this is not normal weather.  But it has been good for me cuz it makes it easier to talk with people.  You can talk about how cold it is and then they have plenty to say to you.  So it has been a blessing actually.  And I know how to talk about weather in German now.  Two birds with one stone I guess.  :)  I really hope it starts to warm up around the end of February.  I can't believe that you have weather in the 60's in Feb.  That is unbelieveable. 
This week has been really good.  We had a really good lesson with Midori.  She is from Japan.  So dad, where exactly did you serve and exactly when?  She asked me and I couldn't remember.  Sorry about that.  So she speaks japanese and really good german, and then also some english.  I really feel inadaquate with the small amount of languages that I can speak when I am in this country.  It is insane.  We have a lot of bilingual kids and most of the time trilingual.  Sad when the kids speak better german than me, and better english.  But it makes for a good time. But back on track.  Midori is great.  She wants to read through the BOM before getting baptized so we are waiting on that, and she still wants to feel like she gets an answer before she commits to a date.  So we are really praying that as she reads she sees the importance of baptism.  Which with how she reads she will.  She always has great questions.  This week she asked us something about an Isaiah so that was interesting.  Basically we told her we had no idea in English so we had absolutly no idea in german.  But we told her we would find out for her.  Luckily we have some great members and other missionaries here.  So we got it covered. But man we had no idea. Makes me want to study it more.  Especially since I don't even know how to spell it.  But Dad if you could let me know some japenese that would be awesome.  :) 
Other than that we met with some new people this week and tried to find some new people to teach. We are working hard and going out in the snow every day.  But it is funny cuz the snow doesn't stay.  You would think with how much it has snowed the past few days that we would have a lot, but it just comes and then goes the same day almost.  Wierd. 
This week will be really exciting. We have mission tour this week.  We get to hear from Elder Patrick Kearon.  He is one of the 70 and over the Europe area so we are really excited.  That is on Thursday in Munich.  Because we are so far away we get to spend the night in Linz this week. So that will be exciting.  I am super glad that we have the opportunity to see some different places.  We are really excited for the meeting and what it will bring.  We will be back really late on Thursday cuz we come all the way back to Graz so that will be fun.  Other than that we don't have too many exciting things going on this week.  We are going to contact a referel hopfully this week.  We only have an address and it takes about 2 hours to get there. So we are hoping and praying she is home.  I forgot but we actually contacted another referell this past week. She was really cool. She is american and married to an austrian. She wanted to learn more about families and how she can strengthen hers. She has a mormon friend and has seen her family and wants to know how we do it.  So we went to a members house and talked about family home evening.  It was really cool. And we hope we get to meet with her again soon.  She is going to France for a few weeks.  So that makes it hard. But we are excited about her.  So hopefully our other one is just as good.  :)  But that is all for this week.  Things are going well here.  The work is moving forward. We have this new goal of one baptism in every district in the mission for every quater.  So we are really excited for that.  One of the elders in our district has a baptism this week, and one has one set for a couple weeks from now, and we hope to set one with Midori soon.  So hopefully we will exceed our goal for the first quater.  And then be able to keep it going for the next three.  It is totally possible and we are super excited about it.  We keep saying we are going to baptize all of Graz.  It is going to happen.  :)
The German is coming.  Slowly, but it does come.  And I got told this week that my accent wasn't that bad so that is also a bonus.  The work is moving forward. Thanks for all your prayers and love.  I really can't thank you enough.  It really helps more than you know.  You are all alwas in my prayers.  
I have an assignment for all of you this week.  We need some help coming up with lessons that are children friendly.  Those of you who had little children or currently have some, how do you do family home evening so that the children learn and also stay focused.  Any good ideas?  Also if any of you have any good object lessons that only last about 5 minutes that would also be amazing.  We want to make our spiritual thoughts more than just sharing a scripture, although that is good we want it to be better.  So anything would be appreciated.  Love you all loads!  Keep working hard and staying safe.  Love you!
Sister Poll

 

No comments:

Post a Comment