Wednesday, September 3, 2014

 Hi Everyone!!!
This week was a little different.  So we had a new group of missionaries come in and most of them are native German speakers who are serving in Germany.  Some of them are going to Berlin, some to Frankfurt and some to Alpine.  It has been quite the experience to be more surrounded by German.  I understand some of it and can have kind of a conversation as long as we talk about the gospel.  So needless to say that I am excited to leave, however I am more scarred now that I know how fast they speak and how little I understand.  It is crazy to listen to them and know that in just 7 days I am going to be surrounded by that I and I won't understand a word.  Then you try and speak to them, and they get this smile on there face cuz you are totally slaughtering the language.  They told me to get used to being laughed at.  But they are also really helpful.  They will speak slowly to us if we ask and they are always trying to help us understand.  They have been coming in and speaking to us a lot too in German which really helps.  They also sometimes will pray for us in German at night and they speak so fast.  But they are all really nice and really helpful.  They have just given me a sense of what to expect and I am a little scared.  Especially since we leave next week and we fly to München and then get on a train to the mission home.  While on the train we have to pass out a book of Mormon or as many has we can. In German...  So that is terrifying... But maybe someone will take pity on the girl who can't speak any German and take her strange book??  We will see I guess. 
So tomorrow we have another finding activity on the streets of Manchester, and since I can't go we get to have an extra day in the temple again.  I am super excited.  I love the temple so much.  I don't know what I am going to do when we don't get to go every week like we have been.  So I plan to enjoy it while I can.
So other than that noting exciting is going on.  
The language is coming.  I am getting laughed at on a daily basis, but I am slowly understanding more.  I get told that my German is improving, who knows if it really is.  But I continue to see little miracles in my life every day with the language and with how much I have grown here.  It is amazing what has happening in the past month, I can't imagine how much more I will grow in the next months.  I love you all so much!!!  Miss you tons!  You are always in my thoughts and prayers. 
Sister Poll

No comments:

Post a Comment