Monday, January 19, 2015

Austria is Awesome!!!

HEY!!!!!!!
Things are super good here.  I am loving Austria for the few days that I have been here, but it is hard to transition.  I keep asking people why they are in Germany, and my companion has to help me remember that I am not in Germany anymore.  It is actually entertaining.  It sounds like you are both studying a lot together from Fielding Smith book and that is super cool!!!  I am glad that you are still reading something together every morning even if it is just you two.  Sometimes I wish I was back in school, but then I really think about it and I am glad that I am not.  :)  But I do miss it a little.  I will have plenty to do when I get back.  But actually there are a lot of exchange students here and I am way jealous. I wonder why I didn't do that, and then I realize I wouldn't be a good student if I had, and also I was poor....  So that is why.  But I am super jealous of all you and your trips.  I wish I could just come with all of you.  I have decided that I am going to work super hard so I can travel a lot when I get back. My companion and I said that we are going to go backpacking and hiking all the time after the mission.  All over the world, so I am excited about that. 
My companion is awesome!!!!  I love having an American companion who understands my English and my sarcasm.  not that my other companions weren't amazing, cuz they were.  And I learned a ton from them and we are the best of friends.  But it is different with every companion and you all get along differently.  And to be honest we just click really well.  And I am super grateful. And even though sometimes we have no idea what people are saying to us, we do ok.  She is one transfer younger than me on the mission, so that is fun.  We are both learning together.  But she is awesome cuz she knows the ward super well and the area.  She is 21 which is a blessing.  I have been blessed to be with all older companions, which I consider a small miracle.  God knows exactly what I need.  :)  She loves to be outside and go hiking and backpacking all over the place.  We get along really well. 
Graz is amazing.  We have a huge ward.  The biggest in Austria actually.  And I am super excited about it.  To be honest it is a little shock since I came from such a small branch, but I am glad.  And hopefully one day I will learn everyone's name.  So far I haven't seen too much of Graz, but we are going to a castle for p-day today with a member.  I am really excited about it.  The German is coming.  Slowly, but surely.  I actually understand pretty well.  The speaking is another story.  But it is cool that both of us can communicate so well with the people even though we are both really young missionaries. 
We have some really awesome people to teach. We have a few investigators that I haven't met just yet but will this week. They are mostly from Japan or China but they are progressing really well.  We are hoping to have a baptism by the end of this transfer.  I don't really have much to say about them since I haven't really met them yet.  But we did have an amazing lesson with a girl on Sunday. She is a friend and referral from a member who is an exchange student.  And it was amazing.  She is from Sweden and is here studying.  And she is literally golden.  The problem is that she is going back to Sweden in 2 weeks.  So we will have to get her in touch with the missionaries there.  She was so willing to learn and asked great questions.  And she said "thanks for taking time to meet with me and to help me learn.  This was such a great experience"  And she said the closing prayer and it was perfect.  She is amazing.  I am a little jealous of the Swedish missionaries that get to work with her.  But she just doesn't have time to meet with us cuz she has all her finals right now and then she is getting ready to go back to Sweden.  But I love her and I just met her. 
That was the most exciting thing that happened this week.  It is really cool here in Graz cuz we have a set of sisters, elders and a senior couple.  The sad part is the senior couple goes home in 2 transfers and so far no one is coming to replace them.  But we are ignoring that fact right now.  I am excited to have a normal week here in the new area and really get to meet people.  right now I still have no idea who anyone is and everything. I also have no idea where anything is or how to get around right now.  Transportation is a little different here.  But I am working on it. 
You all sound really busy and I am happy that you both got new callings.  I love you all and hope you are doing well. I pray for you always. 
Love
Sister Poll
My new address is:
Sister Danielle Poll
Papiermühlgasse 19/8
A-8020 Graz
Austria
P.S.  I finally got all the Christmas cards and everything. Tell every one thank you for taking the time to write them.  It means a lot.  And thank you for going to my work to get some from there.  I was super surprised to see their names in there, but super happy as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment