Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Ahh, I love Monday's. They are so awesome cuz I get to hear from all of you. I am so greatful for all the suport that I get from you. I don't know how I got so blessed, but I am eternally greatful.   
Conference was amazing!!! I don't think that it has ever gone so fast. I got to see the women's conference, but it was in German since we had an investigator there. I had a bad attitude about it at first cuz I really just wanted to watch in English cuz I felt like I really needed conference, but then I realized that I can watch it later and I should be jumping for joy to have an investigator there. How selfish was that? Obviously I needed to learn that lesson. But we also got to watch both Saturday sessions and Sunday morning all in English. And it was amazing. (Mom I would love it if you would send me a copy when it comes. I am sad we didn't get to see the last session, but I can watch it online on P-day) I loved President Eyering as well as President Monson. I am so greatful for what was said. It is truely inspired. We had also three other investigators come to the other sessions which was amazing. One of them is a girl named Thresa and she is from Ghana. She is here with her 2 year old son and she has been taking the lessons for a couple of months now. It has been a little struggle cuz she just keeps saying that it doesn't matter what church is true, all she wants is to come closer to Christ. She is also taking lessons from the Joehova's Witnesses so that is interesting as well. But she is really progressing. This Sunday she told us she wouldn't be able to come cuz she was going to church with her mother in law, but then she called us on Sunday and said, "I was reading the Book of Mormon this morning and just thought, I need to go to church with the sisters today" What A MIRACLE!!! And then in conference (saturday afternoon session) she said it was really great. Everything they said was true, it is just hard to do. She is separating from her husband and she said that she finds it really hard to love him as Dallin H. Oaks was talking about. But she really liked conference so I am greatful. I am praying that she feels a true answer from God that the church is true and that she will continue to progress and read the BOM like she has been. She is amazing.    We have an investigator with a baptisimal date set, but she is kind of difficult. We are having the same problem that Blake has. She is so excited about everything, but we can't tell if she fully understands what we say. Also she hasn't been to church yet. She keeps coming up with excuses, but she did quit drinking coffee, so that is some progress. When we go into her house all the walls are coved in pictures of everything from singers to actors to landscapes and dogs and cats and everything. It is kind of crazy how many pictures she has. But we want to make sure that she understands everything and is coming to church before baptism. So we have a date set for November 8th,, but we are not sure if she will make it. So maybe pray that she will come to an understanding and want to come to church.
I haven't heard anything about this meet the mormons video. It sounds really interesting. You will have to let me know about it. I hope that it helps all the missionaries around the world. 
I am glad that you enjoyed conference and that you enjoyed eating afterwards. :) I miss that about the womens conference, watching with those I love and eating after. :) I'm sure that you will accomplish all that you have to do before winter. I am a little scarred for winter to hit here. I need to go and buy some boots and a coat and I have no idea how cold it is going to get. We actually this week went and did some service for this lady who has a huge garden. She is amzing and she sent us home with some apples from her tree. We picked grapes, apples and other things that she has. Plus she has tons of flowers as well. Her garden is really pretty. She is awesome cuz she talks to me even though I don't understand and continues to talk nice and slow. We were doing some cherades on saturday. But she is great cuz she talks really slow and when I don't get it she just says it again. And most people when they know that I don't understand will stop talking to me, but she doesn't. It was really a great day though. We talked a lot about her dog, at least I think we did. :) Which was really nice. I really miss my job way more than I thought possible. I see a dog here and I totally loose focus. My companion is always asking "So was that a pretty dog then" Its kind of funny. She keeps telling people that I am a vet or an animal whisperer though which I told her she has to stop. It is weird and also they start asking me questions which I 1 can't understand and 2 can't answer anyway cuz I'm not a vet...
Tell Trish I say hello. I am glad that she is back and safe. Tell her to work out the horses for me so that when I come back they are still in shape. :)
I am really excited for this week. We have zone conference in Munich and I am super excited to go back and talk with President Kohler and be taught by him. Other than that I don't think we really have anything too exciting this week. We are going to Stuttgart today to look around Oktober Fest which should be fun. I am always excited to do something fun for p-day. I really enjoyed conference and I hope you all did too. 
I love you all and think of you always. You are my strength and I know that I am loved. Thank you so much for all your support and I hope that you are all well. I know that you are all being blessed and I am greatful that God is taking care of you while we are gone. He can do a much better job of it than I could if I was there, and that brings me comfort. I miss you all.
Sister Poll

No comments:

Post a Comment